SILESTONE CARE AND MAINTENANCE for Silestone Quartz with a polished finish, we recommend you use a mild household cleaner, such as 409®, Fantastik®, Lysol®, or Windex®. In case of stubborn spills or stains, soak the area for up to 10 minutes with one of the above cleaners and vigorously wipe away with a non scratch Scotch Brite® pad.
Silestone® Leather™ does show daily living more frequently and therefore requires more daily maintenance than other Silestone Quartz products. For your daily cleaning routine we recommend Benchtop Magic™ follow instructions on bottle of cleaner.
The natural quartz in Silestone makes it the toughest interior surface available on the market. It resists scratching, staining and scorching better than any other natural stone or solid surface. Do avoid excessive force or pressure because that may mar or chip the surface. Don't worry about spills from coffee, wine, lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, makeup, and many other common household products; just avoid harsh chemicals. And don't worry about dropping a lit match onto your Silestone benchtop; it won't scorch. But, use trivets when placing any hot items to avoid thermal shock.
Nowadays, the term “hygiene” is closely related to the concepts of “health” and “cleaning”, since it is considered to be a key element in disease prevention and a person’s quality of life.
Hygiene-in-the-kitchen has traditionally been thought of as a set of actions related to care with food, good work practices, and the cleanliness of people, surfaces and utensils.
If kitchen surfaces are not properly cared for they can become a source of contamination for the food and utensils that come into contact with them. Moisture and warm temperatures are key factors for reproducing bacteria and can turn any surface, such as benchtops, into a source of contamination.
To avoid contamination, it is important that surfaces be made from materials that are resistant, smooth and impermeable, and kept clean and dry.
Because of the compression system used in its production process, Silestone has a low level of fluid absorption. This makes it extremely hygienic for use in industrial cooking facilities.
Frequently Asked Questions1. What is Silestone? Silestone® is naturally beautiful, durable quartz. Silestone is the world’s leading natural quartz surface – a superior stone for myriad interior surfacing applications because of its ideal combination of beauty and practicality.
Silestone features a range of more than 65 unique colours, so no matter what your taste or style, we’ve got the perfect fit.
2. What is natural quartz? Quartz is one of the hardest, most abundant minerals found in nature – only diamond, sapphire and topaz are harder. Besides beauty, the quartz in Silestone gives it extreme strength, making Silestone highly scratch-resistant.
3. What are the advantages of Silestone? Silestone is a dense, non-porous stone that delivers unsurpassed reliability and performance – scratch-resistance and high stain-resistance with no sealing required in a large variety of naturally beautiful colours.
4. Why should I choose Silestone? Silestone is the smartest choice for homeowners as it delivers both unique beauty and extreme durability. The unsurpassed professionalism of Silestone’s team is backed by more than 70 years experience in the natural stone industry, and a mature distribution network makes the product readily available throughout North America.
5. How does Silestone compare to other natural stones, like granite? Silestone offers more color consistency than granite, making it easier to pick colours from samples without having to visit a stone yard. Plus, Silestone is virtually maintenance-free – it doesn’t need to be sealed and cleaning is a cinch.
6. How does Silestone compare to solid surfaces, like Corian®? The quartz in Silestone is 100% natural; a hard mineral that gives Silestone both beauty and strength. Solid surfaces are plastic polymers that lack the brilliance and reflectivity of natural stone, and are softer – making them more susceptible to scorches and scratches.
7. How does Silestone compare to other natural quartz surfaces? Silestone provides unmatched delivery capacity, worldwide availability, more color variety, the only program of certified installation professionals and a successful track record of more than 10 years in natural quartz and 70 years in the stone industry. In 2005, Silestone is the first and only benchtop to introduce built-in bacteriostatic product protection.
8. Can I use Silestone in my kitchen? Yes. Silestone is ideal for use in kitchen benchtops, island tops, backsplashes, and more. You may even purchase knobs, switch plates and handles made of Silestone natural quartz to match your kitchen surfaces.
9. Can I use Silestone in my bathroom? Yes. Add beauty and practicality to any bathroom with Silestone vanities, backsplashes, shower walls and tub surrounds.
10. Can I use Silestone for flooring? Yes. Silestone makes striking flooring throughout the home or office. You may pick from standard-size tiles or have Silestone custom-cut to fit your style.
11. What makes Silestone “A Cleaner, Safer Benchtop”? Silestone’s non-porous surface protects your benchtops from staining and prevents liquids from penetrating the surface.
Silestone is also the only benchtop with bacteriostatic protection included in every slab. Bacteriostatic product protection is built-in during manufacturing to provide continuous bacteriostatic product protection. While bacteriostatic product protection does not protect users from food-borne illness and is not a substitute for normal cleaning practices, it does result in benchtops that are easier to clean and stay clean.
12. Does Silestone include a warranty? Silestone backs all installed benchtop projects with (an industry-leading) 15-Year Limited Warranty. Silestone’s warranty covers structural manufacturing defects.
COSENTINO S.A. 2015
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.